RIPLEY-A Corry (Pa.) man reportedly led State Police on a Thruway pursuit Saturday evening after State Police say he fled the scene of a property damage accident at the Ripley Toll Barrier.
State Police, while responding to the area, located and attempted to stop the vehicle. A pursuit was initiated after the driver, 32-year-old Kevin B. Birchard, refused to comply.
Birchard allegedly struck five vehicles intentionally during the pursuit. After Birchard’s vehicle was finally stopped, he was taken into custody without further incident. He was transported and processed at SP Buffalo and subsequently charged with the following:
- Unlawful Fleeing a Police Officer in a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree; a Class A Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana; a Violation
- Criminal Mischief in the 2nd Degree; a Class D Felony
- Reckless Endangerment in the 1st Degree; a Class D Felony
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs; Unclassified Misdemeanor.
- Multiple Vehicle and Traffic Violation