During this enforcement effort in the months of August, September and October, SLA sent underage decoys to 506 establishments, citing 141 for illegal sales to minors. In addition, DMV investigators arrested 271 people under the age of 21 attempting to use false identification to purchase alcohol.
Charged with allegedly selling alcohol to minors locally were:
- Country Fair Store, 10358 Bennett Road, Fredonia
- Caves Food Center, 35 Main Street, Forestville
- Big Ricks One Stop, 327 Lake Shore Drive E., Dunkirk
- Save A Lot, 1364 Route 20, Silver Creek,
- Mazza Chautauqua Cellars, 8398 West Route 20, Westfield,
- Quincey Cellars, 10606 West Main Road, Ripley,
- Kettle & Keg, 243 Lake Shore Drive E., Dunkirk,
- Spike Daileys, 18 Central Avenue, Dunkirk,
- When Pigs Fly Bbq Pit, 8254 1st Street, Westfield,
- T W Biggins Wine & Spirits, 47 East Main Street, Westfield.
There were a combined 24 arrests for using a fake idea at Old Main Inn, Sunny’s Bar and Muldoons, all of Fredonia.
“Underage drinking can lead to bad decisions and dangerous situations that can have lifelong consequences or needless tragedy,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. “Through on-going enforcement efforts, we will continue to crack down on this dangerous behavior and target businesses that break the law by selling to minors and underage adults.”