BUSTI – The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team deemed a Tuesday morning garage fire at 735 Hunt Rd. as an accident, according to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office.
Homeowner John Luciano and Sheriff Joe Gerace, who reportedly happened upon the fire shortly before 8 A.M., were able to remove lawnmowers and an ATV from the garage prior to the Lakewood Fire Department’s arrival.
No injuries were reported, but the garage sustained heavy fire damage. A nearby residence suffered minor damage in the form of melted vinyl sliding.
The cause was reportedly the overheating of an electrical outlet strip and/or a lithium battery charger that was plugged into it.