MAYVILLE-Chautauqua County’s Democratic Chair Norman P. Green announced Thursday the list of candidates running for various County positions.
Mike Ferguson, as previously announced, will run against Republican George Borello for County Executive. Borello also received the county’s Independent Party’s nomination.
LeeAnn Lazorony will challenge incumbent County Clerk Larry Barmore.
The following is a list of 14 of the county’s 19 Legislature Districts. The candidate list is in addition to the party’s four legislature incumbents seeking re-election.
- District 11-Jamestown businessman and political new comer Frank Besse is challenging County Republican Party Chair Dave Wilfong in District 11.
- District 12-Political new comer Dave Reinhardt, director of athletics for Chautauqua Striders, is challenging Elisabeth Rankin, who is the executive assistant to Assemblyman Andy Goodell.
- District 16-Poland Town Councilman Terry Walker is running to take over from retiring Legislator Ron Lemon, representing Frewsburg, Kennedy and the towns of Poland, Carroll and Kiantone.
- District 8-Homemaker Jeri Ann Simora, a political new comer, is challenging Pierre E Chagnon, representing Bemus Point and the towns of Ellery and N. Harmony.
- District 18-Chautauqua Lake Elementary school principal Ella Ames, a registered Independence Party member, is challenging Legislature Chairman David Himelein, representing Mayville and Findley Lake and the towns of Sherman, Mina and all but a small eastern sliver of Chautauqua Town.
- District 19-Ripley Library Board President Laurel Adams, also a political new comer, is challenging John Hemmer, representing Westfield and Ripley.
- District 6-Hanover Town Councilman Kevin O’Connell is running to replace George Borrello, GOP candidate for County Executive, representing Silver Creek and the Town of Hanover.
- District 3-Bob Dando, leader of the Chautauqua County Working Families Party, is challenging Bob Scudder, representing Fredonia-Pomfret.
- District 1-Tommy Roque has filed to challenge Kevin Muldowney, area rep for State Senator Cathy Young, representing Dunkirk.
The four incumbent Democratic legislators are all seeking re-election and are apparently not being opposed by Republicans. The list includes Minority Leader Chuck Nazzaro, Jamestown District 9; Assistant Minority Leader Bob Bankoski, Dunkirk District 2; Jamestown Legislator Paul Whitford, District 13; and Fredonia Legislator Christine Starks, District 4.