BEMUS POINT-Wednesday night’s fire at Ye Hare ‘N Hounds Inn started when an exhaust chimney pipe met a wall according to Chautauqua County Sheriff Joe Gerace.
“Very unfortunate that this happened at such a landmark restaurant,” said Gerace. “The good thing is that there was no loss of life.”
Bemus Point First Assistant ChiefMike Winne told WNYNewsNow one of his firefighters suffered a minor injury while battling the blaze.
“This was a fire that required numerous fire agencies; Fire departments responded to give mutual aid to Bemus Point,” Gerace said.