CELORON – The Chautauqua Harbor Hotel will officially open its doors with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday, according to a recent press release.
Hart Hotels Inc. and Krog Group previously received a Western New York Regional Economic Development grant for $1.9 million.
In addition, New York State Homes and Community Renewal provided a $750,000 Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Award for the project to assist with furniture, fixtures, and equipment and create 81 jobs.
The Chautauqua County Industrial Development Agency was also involved in the project.
The following people are expected to attend and/or speak:
- Howard Zemsky, President, CEO & Commissioner of Empire State Development
- David Hart, President and CEO of Buffalo-based Hart Hotels, Inc.
- Peter L. Krog, Founder & CEO of The Krog Group
- Mark Geise, Deputy County Executive for Economic Development/CEO of the County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency
- Congressman Tom Reed
- State Senator Cathy Young
- State Assemblyman Andy Goodell
- Chautauqua County Executive George Borrello
- Village Mayor of Celoron Scott Schrecengost.