KIANTONE – A morning blaze on Route 60 just outside the Jamestown city limits in Kiantone was contained to the bedroom of 1742 Route 60 and is being blamed on creosote.
Steve Reale, chief of the Kiantone Independent Volunteer Fire Department, told WNYNewsNow the fire was contained, the house is “liveable” and no one was injured. Kaintone volunteers were assisted by firefighters from Busti, Frewsburg and Jamestown. The county fire coordinator was also on scene.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Department reported that a creosote fire in the chimney spread to a wall, but was contained to the bedroom.