BUFFALO – National Grid is requesting residents in Western New York to limit their electric usage as a result of this week’s prolonged heat.
In a statement released by National Grid, the company states that electricity supply is “adequate” but if heavy loads continue, that could result in overloaded transmission equipment, and subsequent unreliability to the system.
National Grid is reminding consumers to conduct these steps to conserve electricity:
- Draw your blinds or shades to keep sunshine out.
- Set your air conditioner thermostat to a higher yet still comfortable temperature.
- If possible, use fans instead of your air conditioner.
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Delay the use of hot water appliances.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Turn off your pool pump when not needed.