Small Stove Fire Likely To Blame For Sinclairville Fire

SINCLAIRVILLE – Sinclairville Assistant Fire Chief Brandon DeGolier told WNYNewsNow that a stove is likely to blame for a fire at a residence at 5932 Rt. 60 early Wednesday afternoon.
“My understanding, and the fire investigators haven’t arrived yet, but my understanding is a stove caught fire,” DeGolier said. “Guys got up there and they put it out on time and, I think, pretty near half of the house is salvageable.”
Two people were home at the time, but they weren’t injured.
DeGolier advises people to turn their stove off when they’re not using it.
“Keep an eye on it, and make sure when you’re done using it, shut it off,” DeGolier said.
The Assistant Chief said his department rarely receives calls like these.
“They’re very rare. A lot of fires are actually really rare,” DeGolier added.
Cassadaga FD, Gerry FD, Sinclairville FD, and other emergency services responded to the scene.